April 25, 2022
The Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NLOPB) is inviting comments on the revised draft Development Plan Guideline. A Development Plan describes a proponent’s proposed approach to developing a pool or field and includes information and supporting documentation related to the scope, purpose, location, timing and nature of proposed activities.
Key changes that have been made are as follows:
• references to old regulations have been updated to include the latest regulations and new guidelines, if directly applicable;
• Foreword, Acronyms/Abbreviations, Definitions and Roles and Responsibilities sections have been added;
• the document has been reorganized to improve the flow and to consolidate similar information into one area;
• a separate section for the Benefits Plan has been created;
• text has been added on the topic of greenhouse gas emissions;
• references to engagement with Indigenous Groups have been added;
• the Environmental Assessment and Socio-Economic Assessment parts have been updated to reflect the new Impact Assessment process;
• the Resource Management Plan has been updated to reflect the Drilling and Production Regulations (and to be in alignment with the expected Framework Regulations);
• outdated content such as paper vs. digital, workflow processes or charts has been removed;
• minor adjustments have been made to reflect changes in processes such as reviews by a third-party organization, addition of Staff Analysis, etc.; and
• the “Amendments to the Development Plan” section has been updated.
The revised draft Development Plan Guideline can be found here.
Comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for comments is May 27, 2022.
If you have any questions regarding this consultation, please contact Lesley Rideout, C-NLOPB Communications Lead, at email@example.com or 709-725-2900.