Husky Oil Spill
- No oil sheens have been detected since Sunday, November 18.
- Wildlife observation surveys have concluded with input from Canadian Wildlife Service, ECCC, and DFO.
- Husky continues daily observations at the spill site through a combination of satellite monitoring, subsea checks, aerial surveillance and on-water observations.
- Husky initiated a water sampling program on Monday, November 26. Water sampling has been completed at 50 locations in and around the spill area.
- Husky continues to develop a plan to deal with the separated subsea flowline connection. This plan must be approved by the C-NLOPB before being implemented.
- Vessel inspections at the South White Rose Extension are continuing at least twice daily.
- Shutdown maintenance activities are ongoing at the SeaRose FPSO, but all drilling and production operations remain suspended.
- The C-NLOPB continues its investigation into the incident.
Status of Other Offshore Facilities
Terra Nova FPSO
- Production startup of the Terra Nova FPSO commenced Sunday, December 2 with a slow and controlled production restart process.
- Prior to start up, inspections were completed, Suncor Energy received concurrence from the Certifying Authority and the C-NLOPB and it was deemed safe to resume operations.
- The Terra Nova FPSO and its subsea infrastructure have undergone significant integrity assurance work prior to restart activities commencing.
- Extensive pressure testing and remotely operated vehicle inspections of the subsea flowlines have also been completed.
- The C-NLOPB is continuing to monitor Suncor’s restart activities.
December 3, 2018 (1:30 PM, St. John’s time)
Incident Disclosures 2018
|December 5, 2018||Update – Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|December 3, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 29, 2018||High Potential Near Miss|
|November 23, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 22, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 21, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field|
|November 20, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 18, 2018||Update – Spill in White Rose Field|
|November 16, 2018||Spill in White Rose Field|
|November 16, 2018||Smoke Detection|
|May 15, 2018||C-NLOPB Issues Notice of Non-Compliance to Suncor Energy and Commences Formal Investigation|
|May 3, 2018||Unauthorized Discharge of Synthetic Based Mud – Update|
|April 30, 2018||Unauthorized Discharge of Synthetic Based Mud|