- On December 4, the C-NLOPB acknowledged Husky’s plan to recommence drilling operations on the MODU Henry Goodrich.
- Repairs have been finished to a mooring chain and anchor winch and Husky has received verification by the Certifying Authority that all post-storm inspections and checks have been satisfactorily completed.
- The Chief Safety Officer and Chief Conservation Officer share the view that the MODU Henry Goodrich should finish drilling the E-18 14 well, and undertake completion operations on that well and the E-18 13 well, in a manner that ensures the safety of personnel and the protection of the environment.
- Prior to the storm, the MODU Transocean Barents had secured the well to prepare to disconnect to ride out the storm.
- As part of the disconnect process prior to the storm, there was damage to the communications components that provide interface between the Blowout Preventer (BOP) and the Lower Marine Riser Package (LMRP).
- Ongoing monitoring confirms that the well continues to be secure in its current suspended state.
- Post-storm inspections and checks, verified by the Certifying Authority, have been completed.
- On December 4, the C-NLOPB approved the plan for re-latching the LMRP to the BOP. Suncor continues to progress the development of plans for placing additional suspension plugs in the well and for retrieving the BOP for repairs.
Note: The C-NLOPB’s Weekly Status Report of Oil and Gas Activities as of Monday, December 3, 2018, can be found at the following link: https://www.cnlopb.ca/offshore/weekly/
December 5, 2018 (2:30 PM, St. John’s time)
Incident Disclosures 2018
|December 10, 2018||Update – Status of Spill at White Rose Field|
|December 5, 2018||Update – Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|December 3, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 29, 2018||High Potential Near Miss|
|November 23, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 22, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 21, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field|
|November 20, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|November 18, 2018||Update – Spill in White Rose Field|
|November 16, 2018||Spill in White Rose Field|
|November 16, 2018||Smoke Detection|
|May 15, 2018||C-NLOPB Issues Notice of Non-Compliance to Suncor Energy and Commences Formal Investigation|
|May 3, 2018||Unauthorized Discharge of Synthetic Based Mud – Update|
|April 30, 2018||Unauthorized Discharge of Synthetic Based Mud|