Preliminary Investigation Report
- The C-NLOPB received Husky’s preliminary investigation report on Friday, December 7, 2018, as per
s. 76(2)(b) of the Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Drilling and Production Regulations.
- The ongoing C-NLOPB Investigation includes gathering and assessing relevant information, along with interviews. This takes considerable time to do properly and thoroughly, as would be the case with any investigation of any incident with potential enforcement implications.
- The C-NLOPB will not be releasing the preliminary investigation report publicly at this time as this is an ongoing investigation which may, depending on the findings, result in enforcement action by the Board.
Separated Subsea Flowline
- Husky continues to develop a plan to deal with the separated subsea flowline and met with
C-NLOPB staff on Friday, December 7 to review an initial plan. Once details are finalized, the plan must be approved by the C-NLOPB and partner agencies before being implemented.
- ROV surveys to inspect subsea assets, which Husky commenced on November 19, are continuing.
- The C-NLOPB has completed a review of storm impacts for all marine installations and structures in the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Area. The C-NLOPB’s Chief Safety Officer is following up with all operators regarding the importance of lessons learned exercises and identifying opportunities for improvement in areas such as weather forecasting, post adverse weather integrity assessments and lifeboat limitations and impairment.
December 10, 2018 (4:00 PM, St. John’s time)
Incident Disclosures 2018
|Dec 10, 2018||Update – Status of Spill at White Rose Field|
|Dec 5, 2018||Update – Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|Dec 3, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|Nov 29, 2018||High Potential Near Miss|
|Nov 23, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|Nov 22, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|Nov 21, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field|
|Nov 20, 2018||Update – Spill at White Rose Field and Status of Other Offshore Facilities|
|Nov 18, 2018||Update – Spill in White Rose Field|
|Nov 16, 2018||Spill in White Rose Field|
|Nov 16, 2018||Smoke Detection|
|May 15, 2018||C-NLOPB Issues Notice of Non-Compliance to Suncor Energy and Commences Formal Investigation|
|May 3, 2018||Unauthorized Discharge of Synthetic Based Mud – Update|
|Apr 30, 2018||Unauthorized Discharge of Synthetic Based Mud|